时间:2019-08-09 17:47 作者:Edmond 来源:www.mtwsco.com
I was getting ready to go to bed when the phone rang. This could not be good. My mind raced through the list of family members who might need help, but the voice was hardly familiar.
“Linda, this is Lesley.” I didn’t know Lesley well. We did occasionally speak with each other, but to say we were friends was not appropriate. I asked what she needed. Perhaps something really awful caused her to reach someone she barely knew. Instead, she asked me, “Do you have room for a turkey? In your freezer?” We had lots of room in our freezer, and in fact, too much. “Sure,” I responded, “did your freezer break down?” “Not exactly,” Lesley replied, “but I will explain when I arrive.”
Minutes later came a huge freezer truck. Lesley stepped down and explained the lease (租约) of the grocery store her husband serviced had run out and that they had to empty all the freezers that night. Thinking it was a shame to throw away all this good food, they decided to drop off food to anyone she could think of. Noticing our freezer was pretty empty, Lesley asked to fill it up. Our home was their last stop and anything left would have to be put in our freezer. An hour later, everything finished, I asked her, “When will you come back for all this?” Lesley laughed, “We don’t want it back. It is yours! Thanks for helping us out!” Then they waved goodbye and drove away.
“For helping them out?” We opened our freezer door. Inside were all expensive foods we never bought but often longed to try. We were struggling to buy groceries, yet it was not something we shared with anyone. However, our needs were met in an unexpected way by that call.
4. How did the writer feel when she heard the phone ringing?
A. Relieved. B. Anxious.
C. Shocked. D. Angry.
5. What does the author indicate by the underlined sentence in Para. 2?
A. They were short of food supplies.
B. Their freezer was not frequently used.
C. They were glad to put the turkey in the freezer.
D. Their freezer was too small to fill much food in.
6. Why did Lesley call up the writer?
A. Because the writer was her good friend.
B. Because something awful had happened.
C. Because she knew the writer was in need.
D. Because she didn’t want food to go to waste.
7. What can be the best title for the text?
A. Who Is My Angel? B. Unexpected Bargains
C. A Friend on Speaking Terms D. Do You Have Room for a Turkey?
【答案】4. B 5. A 6. D 7. D
TAG标签： 高三 大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解Good Morning Britain’s Susann
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解解析The McDonnells lived in a
- 高二七选五What is culture Culture is too c
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解In recent years terms like goi
- 高一大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解The national movement to get r
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解Welcome to Holker Hall Gardens
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解So you want to figure out who
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解It hurts to keep secrets. Keep
- 高一大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解Distance just like currency be
- 高一大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解If you cannot afford to travel