时间:2019-08-12 17:54 作者:Edmond 来源:www.mtwsco.com
‘Turtle time! loudly called out by one of my newly-found friends, meant the beginning of either a morning or afternoon shift at Turtle Camp in Nusa Penida, Indonesia. Upon arrival at the project each day, we would look eagerly for our names on the whiteboard to see which task we would be undertaking. Would it be the highly desirable ‘turtle feeding’, the pretty fun ‘tank cleaning’, the exciting ‘medicine administering’ or the less appealing ‘fish cutting’? Fine in theory but not when every fly in Indonesia decides to crowd onto these dead fish while you’re cutting!
Life at the turtle project was fun because twice a day we got to hang out with sea turtles. By ‘hang out’, I obviously meant ‘work’, as we were on shift, but it certainly didn’t feel like work. Another fun thing was getting to know the other volunteers! With volunteers from all over the world, it was just common to hear Finnish being spoken, Australian slang mixed with French expressions and Swedes making plans to visit newly-found friends in the USA.
Of course, not all the time at Turtle Camp was consumed by volunteering. Scheduled activities included a trip to Crystal Bay, a beautiful paradise for swimming and sunbathing, an awesome beach bonfire complete with a beautiful sunset as well as our local coworkers showing off their guitar playing and singing skills.
Our time at Turtle Camp was capped off by setting free two of our turtles into the sea to begin their journey as independent turtles! Hopefully, the love and care provided at the turtle project would ensure that these turtles had a greater chance of survival in the big, wide and scary ocean.
1. Which task is less fun to the volunteers at Turtle Camp?
A. Turtle feeding. B. Tank cleaning.
C. Medicine Administering. D. Fish Cutting.
2. What does the underlined sentence imply?
A. The volunteering was a challenge.
B. The time at the camp was difficult.
C. The work at the project was a delight.
D. Communication was time-consuming.
3. When setting free the two turtles, the volunteers felt a sense of _________.
A. achievement B. belonging
C. loss D. independence
【答案】1. D 2. C 3. A
TAG标签： 大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解 高三
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解解析The McDonnells lived in a
- 高二七选五What is culture Culture is too c
- 高一大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解The national movement to get r
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解In recent years terms like goi
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解So you want to figure out who
- 高一七选五Healthy eating is not just about
- 高一大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解Distance just like currency be
- 高二大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解It hurts to keep secrets. Keep
- 高一大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解If you cannot afford to travel
- 高一大富豪棋牌手机完整版理解Emmy Combs 17 lost her hair as